Sunday, October 20, 2013

Inside Birchbox: POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer Review

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry for being MIA the last few days. I started my new job, went to some college open houses, and tried to spend as much time with my friends and family while I could. Today I'm going to review another product that I received in my October Birchbox - the POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Flowering Fuchsia




When I first glanced at this product, my first thought was "oh no, this is not something I would have picked for myself" - I'm not really a lip gloss person, and if anything I like subtle nude glosses. The color in the tube is a bright hot neon pink, but its a little bit more sheer when on the lips. The consistency is super thick and tacky, but because of this it has longer staying power and also adds a wet/juicy effect to the lips. The applicator is a flat paddle, which I strongly dislike. Distributing the product evenly and easily, in my opinion, is a nightmare. Definitely not a quick, hassle-free "no mirror" gloss. Overall, I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. My lips look fuller, and juicier when wearing this gloss, and the sheer hot pink is quite flattering. The thickness is a little uncomfortable... and my boyfriend wants nowhere near me when I have this stuff on. Maybe with a better applicator I would consider trying different shades but for now I'm going to pass on repurchasing. You can purchase this POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer for $14.00 on Birchbox.

Are you a lipgloss lady, or a lipstick lover like me?

9 comments:

  1. I love Barry M glosses, they smell amazing!

    www.notanotherbeautyblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more a lipstick girl. Although I'm also fan of the "chubbys" (my favourites are from Bourjois and I have a soft spot for the matte ones from NARS)
    But this isn't something I would wear at all...
    When (rarely) I tend to use Lip-gloss, it's usually the tinny ones from benefit (I have the sugalicious and hoola ones because of their sample boxes/try out kits) because they feel nice on the lips and their colours are nice for everyday wear.

    Thank you for the amazing post :3
    Please take care, have a nice day!*


    beauty-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried a few pop beauty items but not my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get in my moods with lipgloss or lipstick. But I hate sticky lip products

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely a lipstick girl. Not a fan of sticky lips.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this looks like a nice colour!!

    I love lipglosses for their colours and shine but when I wear my hair down and there's a breeze outside it's not the best look so lipsticks are better for that but it depends on your look and what you feel like wearing haha! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a lipstick kind of girl but this product looks nice x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely a bright color!! The applicator sounds awful! I'm with you, I'm not much of a lip gloss girl. I prefer lipsticks or lip laquers....they don't count as glosses do they? LOL!!

    xoxo, Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete