Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Natural Face Makeup for Tired Skin

My skin has been a total nightmare ever since classes have started back up. Late nights spent stressing have brought back my dreaded dark under-eye circles and dull looking skin. Instead of piling on more makeup than usual, I've decided to let my skin breath and adjust by adding in these two light and natural products. I'm talking about Dr. Jart+'s Premium Beauty Balm ($39), and Benefit Cosmetic's Erase Paste ($26).



I received this Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm in a Birchbox two months ago and I was ecstatic. I remember receiving their Black Label Detox Beauty Balm a long while ago and I loved that stuff. This version was no different. I fell in love. Unlike foundations, beauty balms have 5-in-1 formulas. They're made to treat, hydrate, prime, protect, and camouflage. The Premium Beauty Balm is lightweight, light coverage, and comes in a universal shade. Its infused with white gold to help with anti-aging and natural collagen. Plus its SPF 45! I apply the beauty balm after I prime my face and it significantly reduces the discoloration and redness on my face. It feels natural and moisturizing, and I haven't had any problems with it making me look super oily (but keep in mind, it is like a tinted moisturizer, so its definitely not matte). Unlike most beauty balms that I have tried, the Premium Beauty Balm has brightening properties in it that make my skin look beautifully radiant.

On days where I'm feeling really tired, I reach for Benefit Cosmetic's Erase Paste, instead of using my Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer. The name is very suiting because it is very thick and paste like, but not in a bad way. A little bit goes a long way! The formula is incredibly moisturizing. Its on the full coverage end of the spectrum, but because of their insanely amazing texture, you're left without the downsides of full coverage such as cakiness and creasing. I can't get enough of this stuff.

These products combines leave me with a dewy and radiant look. I use a setting powder, mascara, and brow powder afterwards and I'm out the door. I've never had such moisturizing and natural looking results before trying out these two products. I highly recommend checking them out at your Sephora store next time you stop in.

What are your holy grail beauty products when battling tired and dry skin?

36 comments:

  1. I've never tried the Erase Paste but have heard some wonderful reviews about it...may have to go in store and check it out!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! Its a miracle worker.

      Delete
  2. That erase paste is awesome! I love my tarte tinted moisturizer for a dewy Fresh face. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been curious about that stuff. I looove Tarte :)

      Delete
  3. I've never tried these products. For me, it has to be a tonne of foundation and lots of Touche Eclat! xx

    Quite Frankly She Said - UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I am dying to try the Touche Eclat! Was thinking about purchasing it soon.

      Delete
  4. The erase paste looks like something that I would love!! I wish the price wasn't so high! I would probably get it anyways!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I justify the price is that it lasts for ages. I've had this tiny sample size for maybe five months now and I have tons and tons left. I honestly don't know how I'm ever going to run out of this stuff!

      Delete
  5. I love using my Benefit Erase Paste to cover up spots on a night out, last time I wore it under my eyes it went patchy and I have no idea why :( I need to try it again and see what's up with it, hope it's not a long term thing.

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so strange. I haven't had any problems with it at all! Hope you end up finding a way to use it :)

      Delete
  6. I never tried any of the products mentioned BUT, because my Boi-ing conceal hit pan, I might get Erase Paster instead of a new Boi-ing. Winter here is super cold and Humid and since my under eye are is super dry, I might get a more moisturise concealer instead. Boi-ing is nice for blemishes, but my under eye needs something different.
    About the BB cream...I usually prefer the Asian ones. They work a lot better with my skin than the western versions.
    Since I tend to have more of a oily skin, I'll be getting instead a powder foundation for every-day basics :3

    Please take care! Have a nice day :3

    beauty-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Boi-ing on my blemishes and around my nose area where I have slight redness, but I don't like the way it settles on my under-eyes. I think Erase Paste is a lot easier to work with in that area. Two completely different formulas, but they both work amazingly in different areas.

      Delete
    2. I see! I'll probably save boi-ing just for blemishes and get Erase Paste as soon as possible for my under eye :3
      Please take care! Have a nice day :3

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a good plan!

      Delete
  7. I've heard good things about the erase paste and I'm thinking it's time I tried it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erase paste is one of my favorite concealers! Great for correcting dark circles, especially after late nights studying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you. Love the consistency! Doesn't feel like I'm tugging or pulling on my skin.

      Delete
  9. I also go the BB Cream in my Birchbox, I sure did use up the first sample I got, I loved it! I've only tried this one once, I will have to reach for it some more.

    I have been dying for some Erase Paste...I have horrible under eye circles, so this baby may have to be my next purchase!

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like this second sample, the Premium one, better so you definitely should try it out again :) And as far as the Erase Paste, give it a go!

      Delete
  10. Ooh I'm definitely going to have to go try out the erase paste some time! I've heard about the Birchbox before and really appreciate your review :)

    xx
    Style Vancity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birchbox is great! So is the Erase Paste, haha!

      Delete
  11. I love my bb creams, great post!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly starting to prefer BB creams over foundation!

      Delete
  12. I need this right now! Im exhausted now and can barely keep my eyes open - I need this to perk me up.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya. I just woke up for classes :( Can't wait to pop these on!

      Delete
  13. Both of these products are something I've wanted to try for ages... I always opt for a beauty balm related coverage than foundation. Dr. Jart+ sounds very good :)

    Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check them out! Both of the Dr. Jart+ BB creams that I've tried have treated me well :)

      Delete
  14. I have the platinum dr jart bb cream and it is great for my dry skin - I find that if my makeup/skin looks dry or caky, the caudalie beauty elixir is great!

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a few things about the elixer. Need to check it out because my dry skin could use some tlc!

      Delete
  15. Great reviews! Usually I would just pile more make up on hahaa! Might try these :)

    Love your blog, now following <3

    mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to be better about letting my skin relax and breathe. I find that if I let my skin have a rest Monday-Thursday, my makeup and skin look so much better on the weekends!

      Delete
  16. Thanks for sharing this with us hun! I haven't tried these two products yet but will definitely look into them now after hearing your thoughts on this! Both bb cream and Erase Paste sounds amazing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both so incredible, I don't know how I ever lived without em!

      Delete
  17. I love BB creams! I usually just double up the BB as concealer if needed. ^__^ Great little review!

    ReplyDelete