Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Benefit Cosmetics Triple Performing Facial Emulsion

A few of you might remember a haul I posted two weeks ago featuring the Benefit Cosmetics B.Right! Radiant Skincare Intro Kit ($12), and a review of the Total Moisture Facial Cream ($40) that it came with. Today I'm going to review another sample that came in the kit - the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion ($30). Hope you enjoy!




The Benefit Cosmetics Triple Performing Facial Emulsion ($30) is described as a sheer oil free facial lotion that contains SPF 15. It is made to hydrate, protect and comfort the skin. I love the lightweight formula, which is totally the opposite of their Total Moisture Facial Cream that I previously reviewed. Despite it being light and more liquid based, it still provides so much moisture and hydration. I love to use this in the morning, but I've also used it at nighttime on days where I wanted a lighter feel to my skin. It absorbs into the skin quickly, and doesn't make me look shiny. It has a fragrance to it (a hint of floral which I'm honestly never a fan of), but it doesn't linger once applied. The packaging, as expected from Benefit, is adorable. The sample does not come with a pump, which leads my to pour a little bit too much out of the bottle from time to time (the full size does include a pump). I think that this would be the perfect moisturizer for all skin types as its light and oil free (for oily and sensitive skin types),  but also very hydrating (for dry skin types). It is on the pricey side, but I've found that it is worth every penny. I have truly seen results while incorporating this into my skincare routine. I will be purchasing a full size of this product, and I highly recommend it the next time you're at a Benefit retailer. 

What are your favorite lightweight daytime moisturizers? 
* PS I'm not totally satisfied with the photos, but I really wanted to get a post up today. Sorry!

12 comments:

  1. The packaging of these is just adorable - I love the oldy worldy apothecary feel of it and have heard some nice things about it too :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about testing Benefit's skin care (besides their eye cream), but I might try this. I love my moisturiser, but some times I want to test different products and improve my skin care.
    A pump would be amazing. Personally because I'm a disaster with packagings like this ( my Revlon foundation is a mess because of that!)

    Anyway, thank you very much for your review! Your photos are amazing (wayyy better than mine!).
    Please take care, have a nice day!*

    beauty-with-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bottle is so cute I would never throw it out! I think I would cry :( You make me want to walk to sephora, the nearest is 80 miles away! I love this post, I am going to go punch my husband to get the excitement out of my body. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is the bottle!! Sounds like a great product. I haven't tried any of Benefit's Skincare line, but you definitely make me lust over them. Great review doll!

    <3 Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Benefit's skincare packaging and have always been very tempted to pick up their try-out kits. The moisturiser sounds lovely, though I'm not quite sure if it'd be smart to use a moisturiser with fragrance in it for my skin... x

    9 out of ten | follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looove the bottle and really like the sound of this!

    It can't be another beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought to try Benefit's skincare products, but I have dry skin so I think this is definitely worth a try xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had my eyes on the Benefit's skincare line for quite some time now but didn't have the heart to pay for it. After reading your review, I'm convinced that I need to at least splurge and give this a well deserve try!

    Currently, I'm using the Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer. It's very nice to use all year round. I try not to stray away from using too many different skincare products but will definitely look into Benefit's line! Thank you love for sharing this with us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried a couple of benefit skincare items and I have been quite surprised at how great they were even on my sensitive skin :) x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used this before and was really impressed!
    I love Benefit it's my all time favourite brand :D
    I am now following you on bloglovin. xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really want to try some benefit skincare! this looks lovely, il have to take a peek next time im at a counter xxx

    ReplyDelete