Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sample Review: Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

I recently ran out of my Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes (it took me a few days to get my lazy self to the store to repurchase), and discovered this Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover. I received it in an old Birchbox, and never gave it a shot. I wanted to share my opinions with you lovelies today.



This hypoallergenic eye makeup remover is made for sensitive eyes. Its made with cornflower water, which provides soothing, softening and anti-inflammatory benefits. It is paraben, sulfate, and silicone free.

I can't be the only one who has used an eye makeup remover that was just too oily, and needed a wash of another cleanser just to take the oils off - what a hassle. This Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover is nowhere near as oily as those other products I have tried, but it still does the job just as well. Most importantly, it doesn't burn or cause any irritation. I use this stuff on cotton pads, but have recently been adding a tiny bit to my makeup remover wipes. It doesn't require as much tugging on the eyes to get mascara off when I add this to my routine. My only negative is the smell of it, but its nothing overpowering. My mom described it as a "clean scent, maybe a little bit like medication" which I can see a little bit. It has made taking my makeup off so much easier, and I see myself repurchasing it once I run out. The Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover costs $9.00 for 3.38 fl.oz on drugstore.com. I definitely recommend giving this a chance if you are on the hunt for a gentle way to get your eyes squeaky clean.

What do you use to remove your makeup at the end of the day?

14 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this and I agree there are some eye make-up removers which are just vile and leave your skin looking and feeling oily...not great!
    This does sound really nice though :) xx

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have sensitive eyes too. I should try this. I love it when eye makeup remover doesn't burn or cause irritation to the eye. I'm currently using the loreal gentle eye makeup remover which is gentle to my eye but do not really remove my eye makeup easily.
    This is a great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the wipes they just irratate my eyes so bad. I use olive oil followed by witch hazel. I will be looking out for this lil guy. I haven't seen him anywhere. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use much make up so I don't have anything to
    share with you :P tho I have tried Klorane and their
    dry shampoo before and I was satisfied! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't knew Klorane had a skin care line!
    Here they only sell hair products in Pharmacy's! but sounds like a nice product. I hateeee when a eye makeup remover is super oily...

    Thank you very much for you review :3
    Please take care, have a nice day!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that it's gentle on the eyes, I've been trying a new eye makeup remover that I'm not a big fan of, review coming soon. And the price is not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds great, I don't like the really oily ones either x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't stand oily residue either. I've been loving my clinique cleansing balm to remove makeup.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reside is no good for your skin, so true! Nice post!
    xo
    Ana
    www.natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this. I am always looking for eye makeup removers that are for sensitive eyes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post, this is a great review! I love your blog, would you mind checking out mine?

    Katie xoxo
    beautyinspirationstop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, I would just like to say I'm so happy you commented on my blog and left your link! I love your blog and your photos are really lovely!

    Second, I use coconut oil to remove eye makeup...I know you were talking about removers being too oily, but I use it before I cleanse my face anyway and the oil doesn't seem to stick around. Plus it's like $10 for an entire tub AND it's all natural ;)

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds interesting! I've seen it in the pharmacies and I should give it a try!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete